Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Baby Laughs



This was too cute. All I was doing was making funny noises and he starts laughing like this. It is random when he will actually laugh this loud. On that happy note I have to reveal that I think we have just started into the "terrible two's" early. Could it be just that he's teething? Or is he learning so much so fast that he just isn't sure what he wants? Who really knows. His attitude changes from one minute to the next and I'm slowly but surely realizing that it is all completely normal behavior. He is our precious little Finnbug and no matter how many tantrum there are, I love him to pieces. He desperately wants to stand but guess who has to have the strong arms to hold him up. I am getting stronger but after awhile it's like Finn buddy I just cannot do it anymore and he gets mad. He will do the exersaucer for a while, his play mat for awhile, and now he will do his highchair for a bit if I put some toys on it. I am just experimenting with a play rotation of sorts and also getting comfortable with letting him cry it out sometimes. Because occasionally he will cry and fuss and then just stop and start talking to himself and playing with his toys. It's really funny to watch actually. It is really hard for me to do because I just want to stop whatever is making him cry but sometimes I have literally done everything I can think of and just have to let him get it out. I'm working by trial and error, other mother advice, books, and just plain old mothers intuition. I think I am getting the hang of this. I just have great days and frustrating ones. But I am so happy to be a Mama. And especially Finns Mama.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, it all sounds completely normal to me! Owen has had phases like that too, where it just about drove me nuts trying to figure him out. It is hard to let go and just go with the flow but more often than not I find it is either due to teething or simply milestones. Owen has always wanted to be doing more than he was physically capable of and would get seriously ticked to discover he wasn't as independent as he thought! I choose to be proud of my little guy for being curious, spirited, and fearless even though it is totally exhausting to keep up with!!! Sounds like Finn has a similar personality. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for writing that Jess. It feels good to know that I am on track and that everything that seems out of whack is actually as it should be. Some days I feel a little overwhelmed. I mean a lot overwhelmed. It is so exciting to see him change into this little being that already wants his independence and like you said wants to do things he really cannot do yet. And yet there is the other side of me that just aches inside because it is all happening WAY TOO FAST for me. And not having my Mom here has been super hard on me lately. Luckily I have lots of support from friends who are Moms like you. : ) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete