Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 22, 2010

Finn got his two front teeth and it's not even Christmas

So another tooth has emerged. He has two bottom front teeth and possibly a third coming in. I can't get him interested in food yet and I'm not pushing him too hard. I feel that he will decide when he is ready. I just politely offer variety. I offer something new every week and try it a few times each week. He doesn't like rice cereal at all. He did show some interest in green beans but ate maybe a teaspoon at most. I know that they usually don't eat much more than this when starting out but some things he has just flat out refused to keep in his mouth. Poor little guy has been really fussy lately. I can only assume it is due to the two new pearls in his mouth. The one thing that seems to work the best is Oragel but he hates the taste of it. It does calm him down almost instantly though. I also give him cool wash cloths and an infant toothbrush to chew on. If I didn't have stretchy skin on my belly I might have a 6 pack from carrying him around everywhere. That is something that has been a little frustrating and sweet at the same time. It's not like I haven't tried to just put him down and let him fuss. He wants to be in Mamas arms ALL the time. But at least I'm getting a good workout. A month ago I couldn't pick him up off the floor without one hand on a table or a couch. Now I can bend down to my knees and pick him up with both hands and get right back up. I can feel the muscle, unfortunately I cannot see it. We walk daily but not always as long as I would like depending on him. He prefers to be carried in my arms or in the stroller. He is a very strong little man already. He loves when you make funny voices and faces at him. He already loves a cartoon called The Backyardigans. We bought him a new car seat today because he has already outgrown the one that fits in the stroller. Sheesh I am exhausted. JUst wanted to send out a quick post to keep things going. I'll write a juicier one when I am not so tired and can upload more pictures and videos. He's a growin boy. Cannot believe how much he keeps changing. Oh it's cheesy but I wrote a little poem for him.

Oh little Finnbug
You change from day to day
With just one little smile
You take my breath away
There are days that I feel
Scare and insecure about being a Mom
Then I see you sleeping in your crib
And suddenly I feel calm
Time will only tell us
What kind of person you will be
So in the meantime I will shower you
With all of my love endlessly

No comments:

Post a Comment